Get Involved! with Smart Start-Centre County
- Sign up for our contact list
- View our brochure
- Attend a meeting as a guest - email firstname.lastname@example.org to request upcoming meeting schedule.
- Visit http://papromiseforchildren.com/
- New to Smart Start? Use this guide to learn more about our mission, goals, services, and achievements.
Smart Start volunteers serve on action committees or help with specific projects. With a very small staff, we rely on many community volunteers, including students, professionals, and parents, to help us provide publications and events for the community.
- Action Committee Members - participate in one or more of Smart Start's Action Committees by attending meetings and planning projects in the committee's focus area. Our four action committees are Health and Nutrition, Early Care and Education, Parenting and Literacy, and Early Childhood Mental Health. To learn more about the committees, click here.
- Event Volunteers - assist with implementing one or more of our annual projects such as Countdown to Kindergarten in Febuary.
- Publications Delivery Volunteers - help deliver our publications to schools, preschools, libraries, doctors' offices, etc. throughout the year.
To financially support our mission to lead and support community efforts to improve the health, care, and education of young children, you can donate to a specific committee, project, or publication, to a general fund, or to our Pre-K Scholarship Fund which allows business tax dollars to stay in Centre County. For more information on making a tax-deductible contribution, email us at email@example.com.